It's around here Somewhere...

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

A Love/Hate Relationship:Vampires Part One

If you were to tell Bram Stoker or the witches of Salem that Vampires would eventually become all the rage in Pop Culture, They would probably laugh, then do something old-timey. This whole new love of Vamps has really worn me out. I remember when I was younger, the social rejects of the Halloween circuit would be Vampires. Now, they are the hippest thing.

I kinda think that one of the major reasons Vampires have become more mainstream in the past two or three years must be because of the makeover the bloodsuckers accepted. It's not like Grandpa on The Munsters anymore. Vampires have now become something of a hot, pale, anorexic model. If you watch anything Vamp-related, they are all so good looking. Normal humans aren't as hot as some of these "immortals".

It's somewhat obvious that the thing that started this cancer has to be Twilight. I read the first Twilight book-or should I say 100 pages of it-and was floored. Why is an overly exaggerated, whiny, and all around bitchy teen girl so popular with the masses? As i later found out with Armageddon,which was the release of the Twilight movie, I realized what all the fuss was about: The equally winded-minded Vampire love interest.

The Movie was a pure waste of my unlikely time. Don't get me wrong, on all other mediums of entertainment, I actually enjoy the actors in the film. Kristin Stewart has been in many critically acclaimed films, as with her co-star Robert Pattinson. The movie provided with me with the hate part of my relationship with Vamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment