It's around here Somewhere...

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Summer Entertainment Sucks

I know thats pretty blatant of an opinion, but I only hate most Summer Entertainment and movies. When I say "Movies" I mean the blockbusters that are about robots, explosions and all things that have to do with superheroes. Does this make me a bad boy (and I dont mean in the greasy way)? I mean am I not masculine because of my dislike for all things that have to do with talking dogs and Vin Diesel with strange markings on his cranial lobe? And at that, why are they so popular? Why are we rewarding ignorance?

I intentionally sit inside my room looking at what's coming out around December...Or how I like to call it, "Oscar Bait Season". I can always enjoy a moody drama about rape in the Congo or a politician in a struggle over a Goliath-like power around the Holidays. I am desperately waiting for something of the likes of Cate Blanchett or Viggo Mortensen I need It! That's how I survive during the whole year round!

The Summer can only produce Independent films (Like 5OO Days Of Summer) that are great, but not good enough for a November or December release. Why cant these films be put into more theaters than just one next to every Urban Outfitters in Manhattan? Does Regal Cinemas think that I should buy earplugs for all of the destructive movies? I get sick of them, along with your ten dollar ticket prices.

Ive stated my case...not to mention I hate the Summer in general (I hate white, I dont tan, they dont make the grape-flavored pops anymore, and Julie Chen (A.K.A. The Chenbot) is not enough for myself.)

In one of the most ironic things of all time, I hate Summer, But I am dying to see a film called "500 Days Of Summer". What a twisted web you turn, Zooey Deschanel, very twisted.

No comments:

Post a Comment