It's around here Somewhere...

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am doing a Terrible Job

"Yes, yes you are" probably says the one person (I'm guessing a J.K. Rowling look alike grading my life) who actually visits this blog, but I mean in the sense of the fact that I have seen nearly no Oscar Bait movies this year.

Yeah, I did see 'The Hurt Locker' back in August, along with 'Precious', 'Up in the Air' and 'Avatar' in the past few weeks, but compared to last year, I am doing terribly. By this time last year, I had seen Slumdog thrice, Milk, Frost/Nixon, and even, wait for it, Man on Wire (also many, many others). I feel like I am uber deceptive to last-January Adam.

This year just feels so off. It's like this year is even more indie than any other year. Has anybody really seen 'An Education' yet? It hasn't even played anywhere is the 100 mile radius of my home. It's sad when Boston even denies playing it. It's 'funny because they probably won't even be played until after the Oscars. Hell, whats the point then? I would enjoy to actually watch the movies before the Oscars so I can even appear relevant; not when Toy Story 3 takes over the whole damn world.

No comments:

Post a Comment